Sunday, December 18, 2011

I am not in the mood to celebrate Christmas, I wish I could just cancel it, what should I do?

About 5 months ago we had a flood in our house and we lost a lot of our furniture, books, pictures, clothes, etc. My husband promised he was going to fix the house before December 10th so we can decorate for Christmas and celebrate holidays. He refused to hire help, he wanted to do everything on his own. I've been helping him also. For some reason he hasn't seemed very motivated to fix the house, he'd rather watch movies all day...I've tried everything - I asked, begged, cried, argued, but the bottom line is - it has been 5 months and the house is not nearly finished. Christmas is coming and we can't even have a Christmas tree and decorations, everything is trashed, covered in drywall dust and paint. I am very depressed about it, but my husband seems ok with it, he tells me to stop complaining. He says - "what is the big deal?". How do I get over feeling sad? I love Christmas and I was looking forward to it, i thought the house would be done by now, I bought a lot of presents, decorations, etc. Now I feel like crap, I don't want to go anywhere because I see Christmas decorations everywhere I go and it makes me sad that I can't celebrate Christmas the way I always do. I am also very upset with my husband because he doesn't seem to care...Am I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment