Friday, December 16, 2011

How do you report a bad landlord so someone else will not make the same mistake?

We have rented from our landlord for 2 years because the housing available in our town is very slim. There are several things wrong that we have doented since the day we moved in. He will not fix them and will not reimburse if we do. We have even reported him to the health dept. who finally came out and then said they couldn't do anything because they didn't deal with those things. He has threatened to evict us several times. He is mean and rude and has interrupted family gatherings to come up and yell in front of everyone. The man is an *********and this place is bad. The roof leaks with every rain in about 6 different spots. One happens to be over the electrical supply panel. There is mold growing in closets, ceilings and under floors. The electric is shot and we almost had a fire and the floor had to be ripped up and the wire was cut and taped and the fuse removed. The gutters and facia are falling off. The windows and doors all leak air and water. One window just fell out. The chimneys are falling in. We have 500-800 dollar power bills each month and we don't hardly use any lights and the thermostat is locked on 65 degrees. We finally found a place to go and are out the end of April but I want to find a way to warn others who may come to look at this place of what HELL they are getting into. The landlord will lie to you. He will hide the rent and say he didn't get it and then charge you a late charge of hundreds of dollars. We were 3 days late on rent one time and he called my parents (who are in thier 70's and live 6 hrs away) and told them he has to chase me down ad demanded THEY send him rent. They hung up on him and he proceeded to call them every hour until they finally talked to him. They called me and I explained that I talked to him and let him know we would be about 3 days late due to my pay period (and this is the truth) and he said "Oh O.K. thats fine just keep me posted". He want you to maintain his yard or he will charge you an extra 200 buck a month. If you do his yard it will be when and how he want it regardless of if you have plans or not. He will show up at the drop of a hat and start yelling and demanding you do his yard because of this or that and he willl not leave until you do it. Seriously, He actually came here 7 times in one day yelling because his yard wasn't mowed. It was raining and you can't very well mow in the rain. He finally clled the sherrif on me stating that I broke my lease. Until I explained it to the sherrif and he left. This guy is rude, crude, underhanded, a thief, and a slum lord. These are just a few of the things we have dealt with and I hat to see anyone else go through it. How do I make people aware of this guy without getting sued for slander or something. How do I let people know about him and this house. HELLLLP!

No comments:

Post a Comment