Monday, December 19, 2011

Im stopping feeding but i keep getting plugged ducts?

I have been feeding for 9 weeks. For the first 3 days my baby was formula fed because I was on so many pain killers (c-section) that I was pretty much doped up the whole time I was in the hospital. So I was having problems getting the baby to latch. With the help of two hospital lactation consultants I still couldn't get her to latch on. So I used a hand pump the first week that she was home, then I went to wic and their lactation consultant couldnt get her to latch either, so they gave me an electric pump. I have had many problems pumping, I was pumping every two hours and it would take 30min to an hour to empty my (even on the highest setting). Then I started getting plugged ducts, first it was just every now and then but now it is everyday, and as soon as I get them unplugged they are plugged again within an hour to two hours, I am in extreme pain. Tried taking tylenol, didnt work, im allergic to ibuprofen and naproxen. So i took half of my left over percocet and that worked, but I cant keep taking narcotics just in order to keep pumping. So i have decided to stop but my milk ducts wont stop clogging. So how am i supposed to stop if they wont stop clogging?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment