Monday, December 12, 2011

Granola Bar Question?

Today, when I was munching on a granola bar, I discovered something strange. I don't usually have granola bars, but when I swallowed the first bite, itfelt like I was eating something very familiar. I then thought to myself, this is young gr, I've eaten this on a dare before. When I spit out the contents, I had seen numerous tiny seedlings of gr, just a few millimeters across. My friend, who was eating the same thing for the first time noticed the same thing. Then when we looked up a grain of granola under a microscope at home, we did in fact see immature seedlings just sprouting out. Is it normal to find such things in a granola bar? I do know that this in fact is known as germ, because the plant has barely germinated out of its seed. I also know that wheat and barley germ is used in brewing beer and several foods as reported on their labels. If this is the case, I find grain and beer to be disgusting, and will never eat it again. Is this so?

No comments:

Post a Comment